Biocompatible Dentistry | My Philosophy | BPA in Dental Composite | Mouth Body Connection | Oil Pulling | Metal Toxicity | MTHFR Gene Mutation | Biodentistry FAQ
Dr. Bandary DMD - Mercury Free Dentist in Woodland Hills
Accredited member of the IAOMT Trained Biocompatible Dentist
Mercury Safe Dentistry
My Philosophy: The mission of biologic dentistry,which is also called biosafe dentistry,organic dentistry,holistic dentistry,is to provide a minimally invasive approach that considers the whole body health.
- Apply biologically compatible treatments
- Use biocompatible material(BPA free fillings), no Bisphenol A, no phtahalates
- Relate your oral health to your overall health
- Utilize the latest technology and material in dental medicine
Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings
The mercury free dentist of the world have been acutely aware of the potential for excess exposure of mercury when removing amalgam fillings, and have devised a number of strategies for reducing the amount of mercury exposure to both patients and dental staff during amalgam removal.
Our goal as dental providers is to offer the safest possible removal as old amalgam fillings break down and we encourage you to research safety issues surrounding amalgam restoration for yourself. When existing amalgam filings are mechanically intact, it must be your personal choice to have them replaced with other materials, whether for health or esthetic reasons.
Safe Mercury Removal Protocol
1. Eye protection for our patients.
2. Pre-treatment rinse with Slurry Activated Charcoal repeated after mercury fillings have been removed.
3. Patient in dental chair covered with oversize bib.
4. An ora-dental dam napkin drapes facial skin.
5. Alternative oxygen source provided to patient via nasal mask.
6. Isolate the teeth with a properly fitted, non-latex dental dam.
7. A saliva ejector placed under the dental dam to pick up mercury vapors that will otherwise pass though.
8. Using high volume suctions.
9. Using IQ air system to remove mercury filling particles and vapors.
10. An ionizing filtering system an mercury vapor filtering system to purify the air. (Mercury Vapor Ionizer).
11. Sectioning mercury fillings into as large of "chunks" as possible with a new carbide cutting burr and abundant rinsing.
12. Oral rinse the last mercury filing has been removed or between removals.
BIOCOMPATIBLE MATERIALS INCLUDES:
- Mercury- free dentistry in Woodland Hills: Porcelain filling, Inlay, Onlay , Diamond Lite,Diamond Crown Bell Glass "Premise by Kerr, Holistore by Dent matt)
- Non-metalic crown and Bridge: Zirconium oxide, Procera, Lava
- Non-metalic removable partial denture: Flexite, Valplast
- We use dental anesthetic which has no epinephrin ,has low cardiac toxcity ,and no preservatives such as citanest (prilocaine).
Even though we use biocompatible materials, it is very difficult to be 100% sure we will be totally non-allergenic, so we offer the option of the Clifford Biocompatibility Test if you are extremely allergic to materials.
An IAOMT Dentist
The Importance of Accreditation
The IAMOT Accreditation Program is the pathway to the future of dentistry. The medical and dental communities are finally coming to the realization that the oral cavity is indeed part of the body, and that dental health and therapy cannot be divorced from systemic health. Even patients are now demanding "qualified" or "specially trained" biocompatible dentist.
Accreditation by the IAOMT will certify to the public that a member has been trained and tested in the basic of biocompatible dentistry, including current methods for safe removal of dental amalgam.
- Is knowledgeable in modern techniques of proper mercury Removal.
- Networks with like-minded professionals to stay current with the latest research.
- Has the opportunity to attend scientific symposia twice annually.
- Works in conjunction with physicians knowledgeable in testing for and detoxifying mercury.
We offer safe mercury filling removal using special guideline recommended by IAOMT. These guidelines drastically reduce mercury exposure during the filling removal process. Dr. Bandary sees many patients who are concerned about the mercury their silver/mercury fillings, some of there patients come to our office because their health practitioner has recommended, others has come to Dr.Bandary's office because they are health oriented and want to be preventive in order to stay healthy.
IAOMT member dentists are educated in biological dentistry including techniques for proper removal of mercury fillings. Member physicians appreciate the importance of biological dentistry in our overall health, and are familiar with mercury detoxification methods.
The International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology IAOMT
Holistic Dental Association
International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine
Hal A. Huggins
Dr. Bandary is a Accredited member of the IAOMT, Trained Biological Dentist in Woodland Hills
~The Townsend Letter is an alternative medicine magazine written by researchers, health practitioners and patients. Information from the IAOMT- Inernational Academy Of Oral Medicine & Toxicology
FAQ's ~ Frequently Asked Questions
Want to schedule an appointment with our Mercury Free Dentist in Woodland Hills? Click here.
Dr Cyrus Bandary, D.M.D. has been serving Los Angeles since 1987. Patients come from San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks for his expertise Cosmetic Dentistry, Implant Dentistry, Full & Partial Dentures, Biocompatible & Mercury-Free Holistic Dentist.
Our patients are from San Fernando Valley: SFV, Arleta, Burbank, Calabasas, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Encino, Glendale, Granada Hills, North Hills, North Hollywood, Northridge, Panorama City, Porter Ranch, Reseda, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Sylmar, Tarzana, Toluca Lake, Tujunga, Valley Village, Van Nuys, West Hills, Winnetka and Woodland Hills.
Residence from Santa Clarita Valley: Santa Clarita, SCV, Canyon Country, Newhall, Saugus, Valencia, Castaic and Stevenson Ranch work near our office and are patients of ours.