Porcelain Veneers ~ Improving your Smile in Woodland Hills
A bright and radiant smile can make a huge difference in how you feel about yourself and how you view your life; the enhanced self-confidence alone can be life changing. If you struggle with discolored or damaged teeth, porcelain veneers (also called dental veneers) might be right for you. At our Woodland Hills dental office, Dr. Cyrus Bandary
offers porcelain veneers that can help to improve your smile and your self-esteem.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin, custom shells that cover the front surface of the teeth. They are made of tooth-colored material and are bonded to the front of the teeth, covering existing dental flaws. Porcelain veneers allow you to change the color, shape, size, or length of the teeth while enhancing your smile’s overall appearance.
Typically, veneers are made from porcelain or composite (resin) material. Porcelain resists stains better than composite and are much stronger for a longer lasting results. Dr. Bandary will thoroughly discuss your options with you prior to developing your treatment plan.
Who Can Benefit from Porcelain Veneers?
Many people can benefit from porcelain veneers to remedy a variety of different problems with the appearance of their teeth. You may find veneers to be the right aesthetic solution for teeth that are:
• Worn down, chipped, or broken
• Oddly shaped, uneven, or misaligned
• Separated by large gaps between them
• Discolored due to medications, resin fillings, etc
When it comes to finding the right cosmetic restoration, Dr. Bandary and his staff work with you to fulfill your unique dental circumstances while helping you decide if porcelain veneers are the right choice for you.
What Can I Expect?
Typically, the process of receiving veneers takes place over several appointments. The steps include:
1. Planning. During the initial consultation, patients meet with Dr. Bandary to discuss what the desired results are. The patient’s teeth are then thoroughly examined and x-rays are taken to fully capture the entire dentition.
2. Preparing your teeth. Following the planning stage, the teeth receiving veneers are prepared. Dr. Bandary removes about ½ millimeter of enamel from the surface of the teeth and an impression of the teeth is taken and used to construct the customized veneers. Dr. Bandary will send you home with temporary covers while the final porcelain veneers are created.
3. Bonding veneers to the teeth. After your veneers have been custom made, patients come into our Woodland Hills office for the final bonding. We carefully examine their fit and placement before permanently securing them with dental cement. Once the veneers are in place, patients are free to enjoy their new, beautiful smiles.
Contact Your Woodland Hills Prosthodontist Today!
If you’re unhappy with your smile because of damage, discoloration, or other abnormalities to your teeth, contact us at our Woodland Hills office to schedule a consultation. Dr. Bandary would be happy to discuss whether porcelain veneers are the right option for your cosmetic and dental needs.