Oxygen Ozone Therapy
Ozone Therapy in Woodland Hills
Oxygen/Ozone In Dentistry
We are so fortunate to be one of the few dental practices in Los Angeles Area licensed and authorized to use Ozone treatment and feel it is an important part of our Holistic and Integrative dentistry services.
Ozone, (O3), is an energized form of oxygen which contains three atoms of oxygen rather than the two atoms we normally breathe. Ozone is the second most powerful sterilizer in the world and has many uses. Interestingly, ozone occurs quite readily in nature, most often as a result of lightning strikes during thunderstorms.
It acts as a natural air filter to clean up the air we breathe. In a clinical setting, Ozone is created by using state-of-the-art equipment (Ozone Generator) that simulates lightning via an electrical charge.
Research studies on ozone have led to the discovery of various properties that make it an ideal inclusion in integrative therapies. This powerful oxidizer is capable of destroying parasites, viruses, fungi, and bacteria on contact. In comparison to chlorine, another anti-bacterial, ozone is non-toxic and far more powerful.
Ozone Therapy In Dentistry
In our office, we use an Ozone Machine generator (Longevity Resource Inc) to produce the Ozone gas and ozonated water or ozonated oil for different purposes.
• By using ozonated water in a water supply bottle, we keep the tubing in Dental Unit bacteria free.
• Dental Surgery Irrigation of the surgical site with ozone water will speed healing, thus ozone water will be helpful for extraction and cavitational surgery and Implant surgery.
• Gum Diseases is an inflection of the tissue that surround and support your tooth. By utilizing the different application forms of Ozone/Oxygen such as ozonized water or gas, directly into the infected gum pockets, gum disease can be arrested without the use of pharmaceutical drugs and associated site eff
• Teeth: Ozone also serves as an excellent disinfectant for teeth just prior to restoring them. It is similarly beneficial when a tooth nerve has been exposed.
• Mouth Lesion: Such as cold sore ulcer can be helped by ozonated water or ozonated oil
Scientific Support for Ozone Therapy
There are many scientific pieces of literature in support of the effectiveness and safety of oxygen/ozone therapy. Scientifically we now understand how and why oxygen/ozone therapies work so well. This has led to many treatment advances in the last number of years, especially in dentistry. Recently, the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology reviewed and accepted Oxygen/Ozone in Dentistry as scientifically valid.
Oxygen Ozone Safety
Ozone, when used properly and in a proper amount, can have wide beneficial applications and there is no allergic reaction to Ozone therapy in Dentistry.
Ozone Dentistry links: